My Photo
Name:
Location: Fairview, Oregon, United States

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Dianne as "Princess Albert de Broglie..."



This is an oil painting after JAD Ingres' titled "Princess Albert de Broglie..." but I painted my sister-in-law's head. I gave it to her as a surprise for her birthday and she seemed very happy and pleased with it. It was painted in the Venetian technique, with a bistre underpainting of the values before adding color layers.
All C and C very welcome altho' can't change this one but will help with the next one.

Thanks for looking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Hi Joyce, Thanks for sharing this! I don't know anything about oils, but I can see that you paid good attention to detail in this piece. I esp like the dress fabric.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home